Our instructions are only general guidelines. For your ultimate enjoyment please experiment with the steeping time, water temperature, and the amount of tea leaves.Basic Chai Tea Brewing Instruction
Traditional Chai Brewing Method
- Measure the desired amount of tea leaves and place into a teapot or teacup. Use 1 tsp or 2.3g of tea leaves for every 8oz (1 cup) of water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil at 212oF (100oC).
- Add boiling water and let the tea leaves steep for 5 minutes.
- Add lots of milk and sugar or honey to taste.
Chai Iced Tea Brewing Method
- Place 8oz (1 cup) of water and 8oz (1 cup) of milk in a cooking pot and bring it to a low boil.
- Add 2 tsp of tea leaves and stir occasionally. You can also add additional spicy chai mix to enhance the flavor. Let it simmer for 5 minutes in the pot at medium heat.
- Add sugar or honey to desire taste.
- Pour the tea and strain the leaves.
Iced Chai Tea Brewing Instruction for a Party
- To make iced tea, double the amount of tea leaves recommended on the basic tea brewing instructions.
- Follow the basic chai tea brewing instructions to brew the tea.
- Place milk and sugar or honey into a second teapot. Pour the hot tea into the teapot and stir.
- Place ice in cups and pour the hot tea into it.
- Let the tea cool for a few minutes before drinking.
Note: In general, the volume of ice added should equal the volume of water used to brew the tea.
- Place 12 tsp of tea leaves into a teapot or heat resistant pitcher.
- Pour 16 oz (2 cups) of freshly boiled water over the tea leaves and steep for 5 minutes.
- Quarter fill a 2 quart serving pitcher with cold milk.
- Pour the tea into your serving pitcher straining the leaves.
- Add ice and top-ff the pitcher with cold milk. Garnish and sweeten to taste.