Yixing wares are ideal vessels for brewing tea. With continued usage the purple clay, from which the Yixing teapots are made, will absorb the aroma and flavors of your tea. This classically designed tea mug has pandas scribed on the side. This mug comes with its own lid.
Preparing Your New Yixing Teaware
- Approximate Capacity: 13.6 fl oz (400ml)
- Cup Dimension: 6" ht x 3 1/2" dia x 5" len
Steps for teapot preparations prior to first use:
Cleaning Your Yixing Teaware
- Remove lid and add tealeaves into the teapot and teacup. Use tealeaves that you intend to brew in the future with your Yixing Clay teapot and teacup.
- Pour boiling water into your Yixing Teapot and Teacup.
- Let your teapot and teacup soak in the tea for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the contents of the teapot and teacup.
- Rinse well with hot water. This removes the natural earthy aroma of the teaware and rinses away any clay residue from the inside of your pot.
- Let it air dry uncovered.
After each teapot and teacup usage, follow instructions below:
- Pour the tea sediments away.
- Rinse out the pot and cup with hot water.
- Wipe the outside dry with a soft cloth.
- Leave in a dark dry corner to dry naturally.
Caution: Never use soap, cleansers, or detergents on your Yixing teapot and teacup.