This tea set is perfect for practicing the ancient art of the Japanese tea ceremony. The Japanese tea ceremony is a ritual rooted in Zen Buddhism in which Matcha is prepared and served to guests in a calm and tranquil environment. In Japan, the host performs the tea ceremony wearing a kimono on a tatami, or woven straw mat. A formal tea ceremony can take up to 5 hours may include serving sweets and other food in addition to Matcha. This Japanese Tea Ceremony Whisk and Bowl Set includes a bowl, whisk, and wooden scoop. The following are instructions on performing your own Japanese tea ceremony:
Click here for Matcha.
- Step 1: Pour warm water into the bowl.
- Step 2: Empty the bowl of the warm water and add in 2 scoops of Matcha powder with the wooden scoop.
- Step 3: Add warm water into the bowl.
- Step 4: Using the whisk, briskly whisk the Matcha powder and the water together until the tea becomes lightly frothy.
- Step 5: Remove the whisk and hold the bowl with both hands. Turn the bowl counter-clock wise twice and serve to guest.