This is a superior Yixing clay tea set with calligraphy characters "tea" and leaves scribed on the body. For centuries, the aesthetic Yixing teawares are known to be the best vessel for brewing tea. With continued usage the porous and unglazed teawares will absorb the aroma and flavors of your tea. It is said that if you use a Yixing teapot for many years, you can brew tea by just pouring boiling water into the empty pot.
These items are smaller than modern teapots and teacups because the tradition Chinese tea preparation method consists of many servings from one tea sitting. The entire contents of each brew can be quickly emptied after each infusion. This assures that the tea is served without the bitterness that may occur when tea leaves are left to steep too long. This tea set includes the following:
- Teapot (capacity: 413ml or 14 fl oz)
- 6 Cups (dimension: 2 3/8" dia, 1 3/8" ht)
- 6 Saucers (dimension: 3 1/4” dia)
- Gift box lined with satin
Produced from CNCA-certified factories, meets FDA standards.Related items:
Click here for a tea utensil kit.
Click here for additional gongfu tea trays.Preparing Your New Yixing Teaware
Steps for teapot preparations prior to first use:
Cleaning Your Yixing Teaware
- Remove lid and add tealeaves into the teapot and teacup. Use tealeaves that you intend to brew in the future with your Yixing Clay teapot and teacup.
- Pour boiling water into your Yixing Teapot and Teacup.
- Let your teapot and teacup soak in the tea for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the contents of the teapot and teacup.
- Rinse well with hot water. This removes the natural earthy aroma of the teaware and rinses away any clay residue from the inside of your pot.
- Let it air dry uncovered.
After each teapot and teacup usage, follow instructions below:
- Pour the tea sediments away.
- Rinse out the pot and cup with hot water.
- Wipe the outside dry with a soft cloth.
- Leave in a dark dry corner to dry naturally.
Caution: Never use soap, cleansers, or detergents on your Yixing teapot and teacup.